<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 09, 2007

GREENis Red Hot 



another in the Featured at Active Rain series


"So, tell me," my silver-haired client with a printed copy of my article from janeAnne's Blog on Trends in hand asked, "I have read in Barron's , but I want to know what you, my REALTOR thinks....Is it true that there really is a trend toward green building these days?"



She continued by way of explanation, " You see, I am 72 now. I am on a clock. If there's a trend, then maybe there are more green builders around who could help my family and me." Yes, my friend. There IS a trend toward designing, constructing, and operating high performance "green" buildings.

And yes, too, more and more, developers are enrolling in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) classes to learn how to select environmentally responsible locations, reduce the negative impact on natural surroundings and benefit you with a healthier indoor environment.

LEED promotes a "whole-building approach to sustainability by recognizing performance in five key areas of human and environmental health: 1)sustainable site development 2)water savings 3)energy efficiency 4)materials selection 5)indoor environmental quality

"Finally! It's about time," she cheered. "My daughter and I are thrilled. We have heard about the whole system approach. Could you tell me about the LEED rating system," she continued with a smile. "You see, we were looking into buying a new home where I could have my own quarters and my daughter and husband and the twins all could live.But I didn't quite understand about the LEED rating system the builder mentioned."

continued here

Labels: , , ,


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?